Monday, April 27, 2009

Running with the NF Endurance Team - April 2009

I like to run because the effort it takes to run a marathon in some extraordinary way represents my dedication and commitment to finding treatments and a cure for NF, and perhaps it’s now the best way I express my personality, hopes, and goals.

When I was running years ago I thought I needed speed - to run fast, but that was for the expectation of others. Now I run my own race and it feels like both a celebration and a vacation (I start slow and taper off). Time does not tell my story but the spirit of endurance does.

My music is in my head ha ha …. it’s called playing tapes and I usually have about 10 tunes during a marathon (I run “deaf”)

But I also get pumped by reading comments from other team members and here is a good one:
“I am so honored to be the team captain for the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Marathon!! The NF Endurance Team has become my strength when I needed it the most. Being a part of this team has given me back the control I lost when my daughter Madison was diagnosed with NF. When I began my journey with the team, only one year ago, I never imagined how running 26.2 miles could change my life.”

One day after I had finished 6 marathons in one year (in 2006) I thought why not go for 50 and use that accomplishment to raise more money? So, I am on this journey .....

In May I am running Pocono Run for the Red Marathon .... its an easier marathon and its scenic

Some days I feel quite amazed at the unpredictability of life …. where it has lead me in a rather unusual way and then I become grateful for the power of prayer and the gift of running

A good running quote: …. that searching your soul and pounding your soles are somewhat synonymous

1 comment:

  1. I love comments from other team members! They never fail to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete